Six Steps to the Right Window
Whatever you're looking for, we offer a wide range of options. Just follow our six steps to find the perfect solution.
Step 1: What do you want to achieve?
Before choosing roof windows and deciding on their layout, the function of the room and the personal needs of the occupants must be considered.
What kind of room is it? Bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, living room, etc. Consider how much daylight and view you want. Consider the shape and volume of the room when choosing the number and position of the windows.
Step 2: Select how the window opens
- Centre-pivot - The top control bar makes it easy to open, even with furniture below the window. See the full range here.
- Top-hung - Opens outwards for an unobstructed view and feeling of extra space. See the full range here.
- INTEGRA® - Ideal for out of reach situations. The new VELUX INTEGRA® control pad offers a range of programmes allowing you to control light, heat and ventilation. See the full range here.
Step 3: Select the internal frame finish
- White painted - High quality pine wood with water-based long-lasting white paint with discrete wood grain. Perfect for almost all rooms.
- White polyurethane - High quality moulded polyurethane protects the timber core and is easy to wipe clean. Ideal for humid rooms, such as kitchens or bathrooms
- Lacquered natural pine - Warmth of natural pine with long lasting triple coat finish. Ideal for a traditional interior
Step 4: Consider the glazing options
VELUX glazing can provide heat insulation, sound insulation, added strength and protection from the elements. The guide helps you to select the right glazing for your project. For example, if you live in an area with a high level of external noise, consider the 'Comfort 60' or 'Sound 62' noise reduction glazing options in order to reduce noise intrusion into your home.
Step 5: Choose flashing and installation products
To further improve energy performance it's important to insulate around the edge of the roof window. VELUX have created a range of installation products to make it quicker and easier for you to meet building regulation requirements and provide a more comfortable indoor environment. See the full range here.
Step 6: Add the finishing touch
VELUX blinds, roller shutters and awnings not only look good, but also play an important role in managing heat and light, shading a room when it gets too sunny, and preventing heat loss. See the full range here.